Sunday, December 19

Book lists

I seem to always have a reading list that never diminishes... In fact, I think it just gets longer... Too many books, too little time.

Here is my current reading list:
- The Bible, especially Mark
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
     - This is my third time to read it, and I am still catching things I missed before.  I think that is because for the first time, I have read all seven in the span of a few weeks, so I am able to mesh together the big picture.  I have said it once, I will say it again. J.K. Rowling is a genius.
- Sacred Marriage- Gary Thomas
     - Recommended to anyone currently married, or who wants to get married sometime in the future.

Here is my "started, but still need to finish" list:
- The Cost of Discipleship - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Life Together- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Men are Like Waffles, Women are like Spaghetti- Bill and Pam Ferrel
     - I stopped reading this because I liked "For Women Only" much better... It's almost like they are trying to be funny, but are just super cheesy.  But it has some interesting ideas and I still need to finish it.
- I Believe- Grant Teaff

The "I own but haven't started yet" list:
- The Tipping Point- Malcolm Gladwell

And finally, my "don't have, but want to read" list:
- The Connected Child- Karyn Purvis
- Adopted for Life- Dr. Russell Moore
- Letters to Children- CS Lewis
- The Summer Kitchen- Lisa Wingate
- The Divine Conspiracy- Dallas Willard
- Radical- David Platt
- The Prodigal God- Timothy Keller
- Transform a City- Eric Swanson
- Tale of Three Kings- Gene Edwards
- Mere Christianity- CS Lewis
- The Great Divorce- CS Lewis

And here is a little list of I think you should read in the near future:
- Life of Pi- Yann Martel
- On Fairy Stories- JR Tolkien, along with his own fairy story, Leaf by Niggle
- Train Go Sorry: Inside a Deaf World- Leah Hager Cohen

1 comment:

Paulie Antiques said...

hi! thank you for following me! I am your follower now too! ;P

love, polly