Saturday, June 14

Done with week 2... I must say, this week was a little more chaotic than the last... we had 262 overnighters, plus 160 Heights and Castle Rock day campers... yeahhh.

Tuesday, I got to take my first sicko to the doctor... it was actually the camp secretary. haha. It took so so so long... we were in town for 4 and a half hours... from 5:30 pm till 10:00... it was awful.  I also drove a total of 5o miles in that trip.  She had strep and I was exhausted.  The pharmacist didn't speak english.  It was not a pretty sight. haha. 

So during her 24 hours of quarantine I took care of some of the stuff she did, plus my own "duties".  On Wednesdays, the kids go to bed by 10, and it's glorious. So I was really looking forward to this time... and around 9 pm, right when Club was over and the speaker was praying to close, my boss came and kicked me to tell me I had to take a camper to the emergency room. So I got to take a little 7 year old to the ER, and it was probably the highlight of my week.  The first few minutes were scary, bc I didn't know exactly what was wrong with her, and she was sobbing for her mom, who was, at the time, on vacation in Colorado. But she calmed down and for three hours we got to hang out... By the time we got there, her fever had broken and she was fine, but it was very worth it.  She made my week... Here's a sample of our convo:

me: Who is your favorite character in the Bible?
her: Job
me: Really, why?  
her: Because he's my ancestor, and not everyone gets to have their ancestors in the Bible... It's so cool!! And he's my ancestor on my dad's side...
me: woooowww...

haha I didn't really know what to say to that.  Here is another nugget:
me: What's your favorite food?
her: Spinach and broccoli.
me: interesting...

We got back to camp around midnight... I was so so so so so tired.

But I had Bible Study at 6:45 the next morning and it was AWESOME. yaya. So refreshing.

There were some other hard/good times this week, but over all  would give it a check plus.  I am taking my in camp night off this week. whoop!

This song became such a blessing for me this week:

Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek Your face
Lord all I am is Yours

My whole life I place in Your hands
God of mercy, humbled I bow down
In your presence at your thrown

I called, You answered
And You came to my rescue
And I want to be where You are

In my life be lifted high
In our world be lifted high
In our love be lifted high

(Hillsong United-- Came To My Rescue)

love love love 

1 comment:

Boo said...

I LOVE that song and the words!!! Be lifted high, what more can you say to that? It is so wonderful. I love this post too, I laughed so hard when I read it!! I miss you too, have a blast for the rest of the week!!! Love you!!!