Monday, June 28

I decided to pull out the old Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible today. Let me tell ya, that thing is huge. It was a gift from Coram Deo when I graduated from high school, and I haven't used it much.
Recently, I decided to study Proverbs 31:10-31, verse by verse. Honestly, it is difficult for me to understand all of the commentary... there are so many words. But if I find something interesting, I will write about it here.

Today's verse:
Proverbs 31:10-- Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. (New Living Translation)
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. (King James Version)

First of all, did you know that the 22 verses about being a virtuous woman are in alphabetical order according to the Hebrew alphabet? How cool is that?! I really wish I knew Hebrew instead of Latin or Greek... Or I guess maybe as well as Latin and Greek.

Anyway, I find the translation of virtuous so cool here. Henry says that this word also means "a woman of strength." Also, "it is the same word that is used in the character of good judges..."

As a growing, Godly woman and a future wife, I should be living in strength, not fear. I should stand firm upon my principles because "a virtuous woman is a woman of resolution" (according to the commentary).

This is all for tonight. I addressed half of the save the dates tonight! Now waiting for the other half to be delivered...

Tomorrow's to do list:
- Deposit a check
- Get my ring cleaned
- Paint
- Check the mail 300 times to see if I got any checks or letters from Nick
- See Toy Story 3 again with Clay, Etienne, Callie, and the grandparents
- Attend Watermark's young adult group with Hannah
- Wear my AWESOME hat that I got in Austin

No comments: