Sunday, July 27

Something Heavenly

Oh week 8. This was my 11th year to spend that week in the summer at Pine Cove. More summers than my campers last week have been alive.

Week 8 was GOOD. My girls were AWESOME. We technically got the spirit stick 3 times, won pit n palace and were always like 7 minutes early to flag just bc we had nothing else to do... They had NO meds, never wanted soup or oatmeal... it was glorious. A couple of them would randomly get homesick... one kept me up half the night bc she thought she was going to throw up... That was an interesting time. I've never really been homesick. Ever. When I was a camper, I prefered that my parents not come back. ever. So I really can't relate to my homesick campers. I had to take my camper to talk to my senior counselor one night because she was so homesick, and it was cool to listen to her talk to her because she could relate to her... But I felt so useless. Then Wednesday came along, and while we were on 5th grade trip, it started thundering... No rain, just thunder. One of my girls started sobbing histerically asking if there was going to be a tornado. Now THIS I could understand. I was able to tell her the verse I always said to myself when I got scared, when I was little and now... "When I am afraid I will trust in You..." It was cool to see how God had both me and Skipee in the right places at the right times to deal with certain situations. Now when the same girl started screaming and sobbing like a psycho because of the ants in her bed, the sympathy was long gone.

I also had a girl who was completely boy crazy. Boy-twice-her-age crazy. At first it was Dr. Love. Not surprising. But he left for Legacy, so out of sight, out of mind. Then it was PT, DZ, and Drag Racer. Ridiculous. On Sunday, my girls decided PT liked me, so we ended up being in love by the end of the week. In fact, when my girls memorized all their verses and got to dress me up on Friday for lunch, they wrote "I love PT" across my face. Awesome. I had 3 boyfriends last week... At first, PT and I were just in love, not dating... Because I was dating DZ and Shakes. But Shakes cheated on my with Tilt. By Friday my boyfriends were PT, DZ, Shakes, and maybe Drag Racer. They couldn't decide. Then they were trying to figure out if I was really dating any of them, and they decided that the one I was dating would be the best looking one. I was like "oh, I would have the best looking one?" and they all were like "OH YES, YOU DESERVE THE VERY BEST!!" hahaha. PT enjoyed them running up to him informing him that he had a new girlfriend... They said, "It's Haley... also known as Troggie..." hahah

Over the past 3 weeks, I have really been working on my joyful countenance. It's been a struggle, but I have found that the more I smile, the easier it gets. And watching my girls faces light up when I smile is so encouraging. It's like in Proverbs: "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart." I feel like God has really been confirming me by other people who have noticed a difference, and it's been really encouraging to hear.

Next week I have the babies of Castle Rock. I am SO EXCITED!! A bunch of little 6 year olds fresh out of kindergarten. Oh boy!! I wish my camera worked so I could take as many pictures as possible. Boo. Oh well!


Pictures!


Sharing the Gospel with my girls after Funky's talk. The one to my right looked like that all the time... She was the boy crazy one. I would have to tell her to stop staring at them.


5th grade trip, waiting for the thunder to stop

5th grade trip-- fire sideFashion Show Fandango... This girl and I got to hang out a lot because she would cry during activity classes and sports clinics and free time bc she missed her mom so much. She wasn't in my cabin but we became besties.

Every time Tilt and I see the photographer, we just smile and wait for her to take a picture of us. haha. This was one of those moments.
Stitch, Skipee, Tilt and I representing Heights at the Lamp Post week 7! Where my Heights at?

Song of Blessing

It's time for healing time to move on
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time to make right what has been wrong
It's time to find my way to where I belong
There's a wave that's crashing over me
And all I can do is surrender

Whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something Heavenly

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Reevaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow Your will
Or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is You want from me
I give everything I surrender...

Time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out
That I've wanted to say for so many years
Time to release all my held back tears

Whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life something Heavenly

It's time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out

(Whatever You're Doing-- Sanctus Real)

No comments: