Friday, August 1

I have been renamed-- Miss Froggie


Basically describes my week. This week was by far the most fun week I have had... I just got to run around with my 6 year olds and have fun and tell them stories. It was incredible. They blessed me so much.

I was so excited to find out I had the babies this week. They were amazing. We were supposed to have H2O Volleyball one day, where they take splash balls and throw them over a net, but that lasted about 2 minutes, so it turned into "Let's all chase Froggie with the balls and try to peg her..." That lasted quite a while. Oh and yes, they called me Froggie. Now, all the castle rock counselors call me Miss Froggie, too. haha. Instead of playing kick ball and having field day, I read "The Three Trees" and "You Are Special" and told them about Rach, Shach, and Benny, and the princess who ran away from home and did bad stuff but had her Father embrace her and bring her back... Instead of playing Buffalo Hunt, we painted shirts... Bible Studies were a little weak... we drew pictures instead of writing answers... But most of the questions they didn't understand so it was a little rough. One day I had them draw me pictures of what they thought God looked like. I loved all the presents they would bring back every day with frogs all over them... One girl didn't even realize I had a real name. On Thursday, she was sitting in my lap and she looked at me and said, "Wait... your real name ISN'T Froggie??" She seemed so confused. They were always holding my hand and sitting in my lap and running to hug me... I loved it. And it taught me patience like I have never experienced. Putting on socks and shoes after the pool was quite the challenge. It took about 15 minutes to get them all dressed and shoes tied.

On Thursday, I got to hang out one-on-one with Stephanie East, the senior director of all the camps' wife. It was so good just to be able to sit and just listen to her. She is so wise. I felt like God was trying to teach me what it means to be wise a few weeks ago... and getting advised by the wise is one of the ways to be
wise! So I loved getting to just listen to what she had to say. On Monday, I was reading in Isaiah and I found this verse: "Only in returning to me and waiting for me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength" (Is. 30:15) This verse really caught me attention because I have never had a problem with being confident, but the whole quietness is really a struggle. What does it look like when the two work together? Then as I continued to flip through the Bible I just happened to come across two other verses with "quiet" or the such... "Be silent and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation! I will be honored throughout the world," and "I wait quietly before God, for my salvation comes from Him. I wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him." Obviously, God was trying to teach me something about being quiet. So Steph and I talked about what being quiet meant, especially with "gentle and quiet," and how quietness and confidence work together, and how I don't have to sacrifice my personality to be so... It was so great... I have learned so much about using the least force necessary, and using the least words necessary... which goes in with what I learned about wisdom, because "a truly wise man uses few words..." And this week was so good for me to put it into practice. I have never had to be so gentle in my life... Watching my tone and body language and facial expression was so important with those little girls.

Anyways, this week has been so great, even though I have not felt well at all. Someone tol
d me I have mono. hahah. well I hope not. I keep going to the nurse but they just keep giving me the same meds that don't work and it's getting really frustraiting but I guess I just have to let it be. I suppose as long as my fever stays down I won't die.

I have really been struggling about what to do about next summer. I feel like I am supposed to be at camp, but I really don't think being a counselor is what I am supposed to be doing. But I have been thinking about all the other jobs available, and I either don't feel qualified or just don't think I would be the best person for it... :( Which kind of makes me feel sad because I don't really know what I would be doing. But whatever, I'm sure God has a plan way bigger than myself.

I have been praying that God will love despite me. Seriously, all I do is get in the way.


Me and tilt on Christmas night. We just pose randomly and wait for the photographer to take a picture...
















Myself and some campers from last year!! I had 6 campers here this week that are now 5th graders and it was the biggest blessing EVER. These girls would seek me out during free time and just sit with me for an hour and talk... It was so encouraging... They were so eager to spend time with me, which was so great, because they were my awful cabin last year, and I felt like all they did was get in trouble... But they loved me! yay! :)



Matt and Caitlin's wedding!!! It was so nice to be clean and get ready in a real house and sit on a real couch and have real conversation. And then rock out Towers style at the reception. baha. Talk about socially awkward.
Playing Ships and Sailors on Raquet and Jog Wednesday!!



No comments: