So my bestie Lacey blogged about herself the other day... About realizing who she is and where that places her and such... And I thought it would be a fun experiment to see how different we are... or how similar, so I am going to write about what she wrote about herself, except make it about myself... you can compare if you like, or just take this time to get to know me! haha. And then I will post something else I have been thinking about!
- My favorite color is orange... I really do like it a lot... I get excited when I walk into target and see a lot of orange things... or just when I walk into Home Depot... I really don't like pink... although my phone and camera are pink... in moderation, pink is fine.
- Pictures are basically my favorite things ever. My rooms at home and in Waco are both covered in pictures... I especially love old pictures... When I go to Barnes and Noble just to chillax, I head straight to the photography section... old pictures of Dallas, NYC, the Great Depression... They tell such a story!
- I would definitely say I have childish interests... I never want to stop seeing the world with the curiosity and joy of a child... however, I would say I am also responsible and know when it is time to act like an adult... :)
- I don't think I'm that great at listening... but I don't like talking either... well, I love listening... observing... but I think I don't think I'm a good listener because I don't know what to say most of the time... and sometimes I get distracted in my head... something I need to get better at.
- Pine Cove... well... Pine Cove was a passion of mine for eleven years. Love and obsession do not even give how I felt about that place justice. Before I turned 20.5 years old, I had spent 34 weeks in the summer and around 35 weekends during the school year there. God used Pine Cove to transform my life... Now, I know that those doors are closing... It's hard, and I haven't written about it because it still makes me want to cry, but I know that God has a different plan for me that will bring about just as much joy as Pine Cove used to when I loved it more than anything.
- I love to read... in general. But really, my favorite books are the classic novels. Tale of Two Cities, Grapes of Wrath, Les Miserables, Pride and Prejudice, To Kill A Mockingbird... I also love books like Harry Potter and the Chronicles of Narnia... Actually, I like CS Lewis a lot... Till We Have Faces and Screwtape Letters are both awesome books I read when I was in middle school and high school. And what kind of Christian girl would I be if I didn't like Francine Rivers? :) I don't really like nonfiction Christian stuff... I get bored easily... That's why I was surprised I liked Crazy Love and Wild At Heart... probably the only two I've ever finished.
- I don't really care about clothes, I hate shopping, and if I didn't have to wear shoes, I wouldn't. I wear makeup maybe once a week. I own 4 dresses... 2 prom dresses, my graduation dress, and a sundress. Before prom junior year, I hadn't worn or owned a dress since elementary school. I do like skirts though... but skirts I can wear t-shirts with. Maybe it has to do with a mixture of my gymnastics and pine cove influence... I'm not entirely sure, though.
- I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to movies, although romantic comedies are not generally the way to my heart. There are a few that I absolutely love... Sweet Home Alabama and How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days.... Probably the 2 most girly movies I love are Pride and Prejudice and The Notebook. However, I would much rather watch movies like Remember the Titans(sports movies!), Braveheart, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings... oh and I like Star Wars... what are you going to do about it?
- I am on facebook too much. I have become a really really really creepy person, bc my stalking skills have been almost perfected.
- I love country music. and chill music. and broadway music. and random pop songs. and Hannah Montana. and High School Musical. No screamo or crude rap, please.
- I like authority... but I don't like self-proclaimed authority or passive agressive authority. I will do everything I can to avoid conflict but I am not afraid to approach it if necessary. I'm a lion, so people assume I don't like authority. false. authority gives me boundaries. i like boundaries.
- I like chaos. I don't mind it... I actually thrive in it. I dislike quiet houses where everything is perfect and clean and uncomfortable. I really don't like matchy stuff. ew. I can't study in the library. I have to have movement, noise, chaos. However, I realize when chaos is dangerous and structure is necessary too.
- I'm terribly uncomfortable around people in general. haha. except kids. haha that's not true. People don't bother me, I'm just not really a people person and I don't like initiating conversations... especially with girls. Guys are easier becuase you can just make fun of them... girls... not so much. I love silence. It doesn't bother me at all. which can be awkward bc sometimes it does bother ppl I'm with.
- I do not like cake. I would never choose to eat it over other things. But I do like wedding cake. and the cake with sprinkles in it. Chocolate cake is disgusting. so it plain chocolate ice cream.
- I want to live in London. and visit Romania. I've wanted to go to Romania since I was 8. It will happen one day.
- I love my best friends... For the most part, I'm a pretty loyal person. I don't make friends quickly, so once you're in, you're in.
- I like decorating. I don't like matching things. I want my house to look like a mixture of Common Grounds and UBC.
- I'm really bad about wearing my emotion on my face. If I don't like it, and I don't care if you know, you will know I don't like it... I'm not good at lying, either. So I keep my mouth shut if I don't want to hurt someone's feelings. Most of the time that works. So if I get really excited, it's legit. haha.
this just in[totally unrelated to previous statements]: I stink as a friend. dangit.