Sunday, September 14

Community

OOh man God has been mixing every part of my life together this week! And it's awesome!
Connection uno:
I am reading The Shack, and it has really challenged how I view God and the Trinity... now, I am not going to pretend that I even remotely begin to understand the Trinity. Because I don't, and I love it that way. But I believe that the Trinity represents perfect community... And because we are created in His image, we long for community as well. It's cool to see how the author portrays this need for community in The Shack... And then today at church, our pastor talked about community!! Discipleship takes place in community!

Which leads to connection numero dos!
Today, in the Upper Room Discourse, we discussed humility and service, and how those play into being a disciple. Then, at my StuFu meeting, we talked about how servant leaders serve even the least of these! It was a great reminder of how I should be serving who are seen as "the lowest of low"... I am called to wash their feet! It wasn't a suggestion, it was a command. I have been thinking about how if I don't look like Him, Jesus must not be my teacher. Now, that's convicting. I want to look like Jesus!

I got accepted to be part of the Student Recruitment for StuFu! Which means I will travel and talk to high school students about coming to Baylor! And lead tours for premiers! Starting Saturday! aahaha!
I just love it because this is so something I can't do on my own. I am not good at initiating conversation, especially with high school students. I am just not cool enough. But God is still answering my prayers for Him to challenge me to the point of hopelessness! He is so great! This semester will be a challenge but I am so excited!

Read The Shack!!




























I made stufu!! I have no idea why they picked me, but it's gonna be awesome! haha

The football game was AWESOME!


2 comments:

nancy said...

does this mean i can get "Crazy Love" back now?

donna manning said...

This is Jeff's AKA "Danger Zone's", mom. I still had you book marked from his blog this summer. Love reading your blog. I have read "The Shack" three times. Love it. And very thought provoking.
Have a great school year!