Thursday, September 30

New recipes

Last week, I tried out some new recipes! They are both Pioneer Woman recipes, and I would have to say they tasted pretty good. I love her recipes because I can see step by step pictures. They are really easy to follow and I can tell if I am on the right track.

The first was this tiramisu recipe. Let me tell you. This recipe just about killed me. So many things went wrong... First, I couldn't find the cooking wine or the ladyfingers at the store. Then, I over whipped the heavy whipping cream so it was chunky. Then, my sister over stirred the cheese, causing it to become liquid and chunks... lovely. Fortunately, it still tasted delicious!

The second was this bread recipe. Oh-my-gosh. This is the best bread ever. I followed the instructions and cut it into small slices, and it was perfect. I used Italian bread instead of French bread, and there was no way I could fit all of the butter on it. But I still made sure it was covered. And it was amazing.

Do you have any recipes you have tried out lately? Nick loves to cook so hopefully when we are married we will be trying out a ton of new recipes together!

No comments: