Tuesday, October 21

ASKJB,HDPGUEWNFLAGL.HHCUTRHOGAG!

A. I've been learning a lot about how grace and works come together in salvation. I was listening to a sermon from my church back home, and our pastor said this:

Jesus' life with the poor modeled for us individually and corporately what a life, a soul, that had experienced the mercy of God through salvation by faith alone through grace alone would look like. So that a heart that has been touched by the mercy of God freely and quickly extends mercy to others... As we get to know Him more, our hands loosen around the things we deem as ours, and we extend them to those in need.
[Matt Chandler]

B. I have learned that just because I choose to obey, doesn't mean God is going to make following through easy for me.

C. I've learned that regardless of how tough my life may seem, I've got it good. I have been so blessed. This past week was rough and weird, and through other people, He has reminded me how blessed I am. I have nothing to complain about.

D. I am memorizing 2 Peter 1. Here is the first part. I love it.
As we know Jesus better, His divine power gives us everything we need for living a Godly life. He has chosen us to receive His own glory and goodness!

E. I am learning to find joy in the little things at work. If I don't, I just want to kill them all.
Me[to a 5 year old]: Sam, your turn! Is your full name Samuel?
Sam: No, my middle name is Samuel.
Me: oh, what's your first name, then?
Sam: Sam...

Me[to middle school tumblers]: oh man this is my favorite song from HSM! And don't look at me like yall are too old to like HSM... It came out when I was a senior and I still love it!
Girl: wait... how old are you?
Me: 20
Girl: WHHAAATT...
Me: yeah, I know
Girl: You look like you could be in 8th grade!!
Me: Really, 8th grade??
Girl: Yeah, you could so go to my school!

baha. There are so many more. I wish I had a piece of paper with me so I could write them all down.

F. One of my biggest fears is that I will stop growing. I am praying that my hunger for Christ will not be sustained. That would be the worst thing ever. I want to know Christ!


Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me.
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth to eternity.

No comments: