Thursday, January 15

I really should be studying for greek, bc we have a quiz tomorrow, but I have basically accepted the fact that I am going to bomb it no matter what, soooo.... why stress? haha.

Um fact numero uno: I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORE. My body is aching. Aerobics killed me yesterday. I can't walk down stairs, spotting my kids at work was awful bc it took me about 30 seconds to get down on my knees and then I just wanted to stay there... After my 8:00, I laid on our couch for an hour... just laid there, in a very straight position. I was imagining that I was in a giant massaging machine. Blair gave me a massage last night... but that was when my arms were only tingly and weak, because the soreness had not kicked in.

Fact numero dos: So I had the training where we all thought they were going to help us write our speeches for the Baylor rallies... yeah well turns out they decided to throw us a curve ball and wanted to see how we performed under pressure. So, although less than 24 hours had passed since we had found out we were speaking, we had to get up and give impromptu 5-10 minute presentations. AHA. I do not like impromptu. I was freaking out. It ended up being fine once I started speaking, but I was dreading it the whole time.

Fact numero tres: I got to have lunch with Drew Stallard today and that made me way happy.

Fact numero four: I hate Greek.

Fact numero cinco: I'm spending all weekend at my grandparents house. So I can sleep. and learn Greek. and eat. and sleep. And my grandmother is apparently going to make me take a bath in epsom salt bc I sound so miserable on the phone.

Fact numero six: I really do love the swings at Baylor. I've been people watching. I love just sitting there in silence and swinging... I was having an emotional break down yesterday, and I went and sat on a swing for 20 minutes... and read a few Psalms... it was so so wonderful. I flipped my Bible open to this:
Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered-- how fleeting my life is.
You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
My entire lifetime is just a moment to You; at best, each of us is but a breath.
We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
We heap up wealth, not knowing who will spend it.
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in You.
Rescue me from my rebellion...
[Ps. 39:4-8]

Great quote of the day:
Set up: We are at Vault, and I am asking one of my new girls, who is five, some questions about herself.
"What does your mom do?"
"Punishes me?"
"What does your dad do?"
"Spanks me... sometimes..."
"I meant... where do they work?"
"Oh..."

hahaha I laughed so hard.

Be still, and know that I am God!
I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world.
-
The Lord of Heaven's Armies is here among us;
the God of Israel is our fortress.
[Ps. 46:10-11]

No comments: