Wednesday, August 27

divine romance

ok, first of all, did you know that a baby's eyes can't focus on anything further than 8 inches until he is 6 months to a year old? And when a mother holds her baby, her face is about 8 inches from his face!! BAHH GOD IS A STINKIN GENIUS!

Phil Wickham has been such a blessing, oh my goodness. Here are some lyrics that have really encouraged me this week:
* That my heart beats to the rhythm of your heart. That my eyes focus on your eyes. A million tongues could not express how beautiful your holiness. My life is yours. It will be forever.
* I need eyes to be my guide. I need a voice that's louder than mine. I need hope and I need You, because I can't do this alone. Though darkness falls and a million cry, I believe, overall, there's a Greater Light shining for us.
* Here in the quiet, speak to me now, my ears are open to Your gentle, sweet whispering. Break down the door, come inside. Shine down Your bright light. I need a lamp for my feet! I want to hear the thunder of all You are! To be captured inside the wonder of who You are!
I WANT TO LIVE, I WANT TO BREATHE, TO SEARCH OUT YOUR HEART AND ALL OF YOUR MYSTERY. Your glory burns in the stars, shine down your light and burn in my heart. It's Your heart I will hold onto.

It's been so good to see how God has been connecting everything I have been reading to ::abiding::obeying::believing::... For example, I was reading Crazy Love, and it says, "God will ensure my success in accordance with His plan, not mine." This is so encouraging, because when I abide in Christ, I don't have to worry about doing the righ thting, because He is living through me. I just need to obey. I pray that my heart is opened to His and that I will be willing to let Him live for me.

Then I was reading Crazy Love and Colossians and journaling about how much God loves me... Christ died so that I could be His friend. I was His enemy, and through His death, He brought me back as His friend. But He didn't need me to be His friend. He doesn't need me at all! What kind of love is this? So unconditional and selfless... And as I was contemplating about this, another Phil Wickham song came on that fit so well! "Who am I that Your merciful eyes should fall on me? A sinner, a fool who doesn't deserve you. And what am I that you'd offer your life to die for me? What can I do, I'm nothing without You. My Love, my Saving Love. So I fall into You." It is all fitting together, it's so cool!

And then more came about obedience. I absolutely LOVE this passage:

And now, just as you have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, You must continue to live in obedience to Him. Let your roots grow down deep into Him and draw up nourishment from Him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught."
-Col. 2:6-7-

God is being so intentional with what He has been pointing out to me when I read, it's been so awesome! There's more! It ties in with what it looks like to be wise, and what it looks like to abide.

* Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise... (Col. 3:16)
* Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and effective so that you will have the right answer for everyone. (Col. 4:5)

A friend and I met for coffee this morning to pour over the Bible studies Matt taught this summer. We discussed what it means to be a disciple, what it means to abide, what it means to LIVE. Does being a Christian automatically make you a disciple? One question we really struggled over was, "can you be a Christian and not abide?" According to John 15, I would have to say no. We are dead when we are not connected to Christ. So those who are not abiding are not alive. But how does that work? I feel like we are so caught up in the "say this special prayer and you're saved!" way of evangalizing, but is that it? What about discipleship? It's a scary thought because at camp, we pray over these kids and when they make a decision to follow Christ, it's the best thing in the world. But do they understand what it means to abide? Do I even understand what it means to abide? The only thing we can do is know that God used us to work in their lives but He is really the one in charge... That is so comforting... We can't save them, so there is no reason to freak out about it.

I found this quote by CS Lewis. It's good.

"If you read history you will find that hte Christians who did the most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this."

I love that guy.

Aced my greek quiz. whoop!


School has been fun so far. Check out this ridiculousness.


one of the many reasons I love Baylor

Lookin to get hitched! Ring by spring!
Lace was struggling with the camera today
But she was so excited to see me

No comments: