Thursday, August 21

In Our Love Be Lifted High

These past few days have been as busy as can be expected. I feel like I have gotten a lot of rest, which is good. On Wednesday, I took the DART from home till West End, stopping at Mockingbird for Urban Outfitters and Thanksgiving Square on the way. We wanted to go all the way into Ft. Worth but it started pouring.

I've really been learning about what it means to live a life of obedience. It's so much easier at camp because you are surrounded by people who are striving for the same thing. But here, it's hard for me to know what God wants, much less how to obey Him.

I know He wants me to be more bold in Him. To take action, and to pour my energy into things worthwhile, whether that is leading Bible Studies, spending time with people during the week, or just loving my roommates and the girls I coach. This summer I learned so much about how precious time is... Why should I waste the time I have been given? It's not even mine!

I am really nervous about what God is asking me to do this semester. But I have to remember that this summer, nothing I did was me. It was all Him. When I abide, when I obey, when I give myself away, He can work.

"My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness."
So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
::2 Corinthians 12:9-10::

This verse is so common, but this summer, I really learned what it means to let Christ's power work in my weaknesses. I want that to flow over into the semester. I don't want to be able to get through this year by myself. I want to feel that need for Him just to get up in the morning... just to speak patiently... just to look joyful. Then I can be reminded of how insufficient I am yet how great He is.

I've been reading through Philippians and these verses really stuck out to me:

"I live in eager expectation and hope that I will never do anything that causes me shame, but that I will always be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past, and that my life will always honor Christ, whether I live or I die... But whatever happens to me, you must live in a manner worthy of the Good News about Christ, as citizens of heaven."

I want that to be my prayer every day.






peace

No comments: