Sunday, November 23

go.back.to.innocence.

we sang this song at church today:

There's darkness in my skin
My cover's wearing thin, I believe
I'd love to start again
Go back to innocence and never leave

Don't give up now::A break in the clouds::We could be found

There's nothing wrong with me
It's just that I believe things could get better
There's nothing wrong with love
I think it's just enough to believe

Don't give up now::A break in the clouds::We could be found

[Rescue is coming]

There's nothing wrong with you
Nothing left to do but believe something bigger
There's nothing wrong with love
I know it's just enough to believe

Don't give up now::A break in the clouds::We will be found

[Rescue is coming]


God has really been placing some things on my heart recently... over and over again, wherever I look... Waco is the fifth poorest city in Texas... 21.9% of families in Waco live below the poverty line. The national average poverty rate for families is 9%.
I don't know if I am supposed to help Waco, or any other place... But I know that I have been called to care for those who cannot care for themselves.

dcb also played "You are My Joy" this morning...

And He set me on fire and I am burning alive...
I cannot hold it in, or remain composed...
Love's taken over me...

What if every Christian lived as though God had set him or her on fire? While Waco is a very poor city, we do have some LOADED people here... A drive down Austin Avenue will make you think you're in Highland Park... I think that most of those people would also consider themselves to be Christians... In fact, including Baylor, there are a LOT of Christians in and around Waco... There are TONS of large churches... What if every Christian realized that it was his or her calling to take care of the poor and helpless? That, while going to Africa and South America for mission trips is important, there are people dying for someone to love them literally across the street. I don't know what that would look like... how a busy college student can get involved... but I think the results would be mind blowing.

We have already won... Rescue is coming.

No comments: