Wednesday, November 5

you can walk away, say we don't need this...

I am trying so hard to take this week one step at a time. I have a test in my hardest class tomorrow and the biggest project of my semester due on Friday. Then I get to start all over next week. It's like a snowball effect. It doesn't end till finals.

Today at work, I asked 2 of my classes if they had watched the election...
The first class was mainly 9 year olds... They didn't have much to say, besides the fact that they didn't like Obama... so I asked them why, and they said they didn't know... so we discussed how we shouldn't just not like someone for no reason... One girl said she liked Obama because he was the first African American president. I wonder if she really is stoked about this history making election, or if she just heard that on tv.
My second class had mainly 7-year-olds... They were much more opinionated... A bunch of "OOHH MAN, I'M SO MAD, OBAMA WON." So I asked them, too... Why they hated Obama and why they liked McCain. Here is what they had to say:

me: Why did you not want Obama to win?
2nd grader: Because he wants to change the pledge of allegiance... and the flag...

me: why do you like mccain?
another girl: ...[pause]... because... he... was in the Olympics... yeah he won swimming, I think.

The first real answer... remember, these are 7 year olds...
me: Why don't you like Obama?
her: Because he lets people kill their babies.



I didn't ask my 3-year-olds what they thought... But they were still cute:
Girl named Hayley: Hey Haley...
me: Hey Hayley...
her: What's your name?
me: Haley...
her: [really amused giggle...]
she loved the fact we had the same name... she just kept saying "hey haley, hey haley" over and over again.

No comments: